The Committee encompasses academics from within the Faculties of Clinical Medicine and Veterinary Medicine and reports to the Board of Graduate Studies (BGS).
This Committee is responsible for:
- Recommending candidates for admission to courses;
- Monitoring students’ progress;
- Recommending continuation after a probationary period of research for the PhD;
- Recommending candidates for PhD degrees;
- Approving candidates for MPhil and MRes degrees;
- Appointing Supervisors and Examiners;
- Considering and responding to consultations by the Board of Graduate Studies on matters of educational policy concerning graduate education; and
- Submitting to the Board proposals concerning existing and new graduate courses.