We have intake dates in Michaelmas, Lent and Easter terms. Most students start in Michaelmas term (October) and Lent term (January) and therefore we hold a Departmental Induction at the start each of these terms, as does the Clinical School. Please attend your inductions as requested as lots of useful information is presented at these. It can all be very confusing and daunting so please don’t think twice about contacting the Education Team with any questions you may have, however small or BIG they may be.
INDUCTION 2020/21 – IMPORTANT DATES
1. University Health and Safety training – Tuesday 6th and Wednesday 7th October 2020. The Safety Office are conducting their courses virtually and the link for information is https://www.safety.admin.cam.ac.uk/training/postgraduate-safety-course. Please check with your supervisor whether you need to attend the second session on the 7th.
2. School of Clinical Medicine Induction – Friday 9th October 2020, with an introduction/welcome by the Regius at 9.00 a.m. Following the introductions there are 6 separate sessions and completion is likely to be around 12.30 p.m. Zoom details have been emailed.
3. Departmental Induction – Wednesday October 14th 2020, 11.00am – 1.00pm. This will also take place via zoom, with the following schedule:
11.00 – Simon Baron-Cohen – Introductions and course overview
11.45 – Simon White – Stats Clinic
12.00 – Adisa Broadhurst – AOB
12.15 – John Suckling – Ethics
12.30 – Student Reps welcome presentation
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
This is a guide to good practice based on the University’s regulations and the reasonable expectations of students and their supervisors. Please make sure you read this document.
You should also receive a direct email from the University’s Computing Service regarding your IT login details and Raven instructions. Should you not receive any information by the end of September, please do let me know.
- Departmental course handbook (emailed to you)
- Research Passport Application Process for Graduate Students