We have intakes in Michaelmas, Lent and Easter terms. Please attend your inductions as requested as lots of useful information is presented at these. It can all be very confusing and daunting so please don’t think twice about contacting the Education Team with any questions you may have, however small or BIG they may be.
INDUCTION 2021/22 – IMPORTANT DATES
1. University Health and Safety training –This year’s Postgraduate Safety Training, organised by the Safety Office, will consist of a mandatory introductory session for all students plus sessions on topics chosen according to the discipline and nature of your research activities. Details of how to access this training will be available here by the start of term.
2. School of Clinical Medicine Induction – Thursday 7th October 2021, from 12.30pm (registration from 12.15pm). More information and zoom details have been emailed.
3. Departmental Induction – Tuesday October 12th, 3-5pm. This will also take place via zoom.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
This is a guide to good practice based on the University’s regulations and the reasonable expectations of students and their supervisors. Please make sure you read and sign this document along with your supervisor.
You should also receive a direct email from the University’s Computing Service regarding your IT login details and Raven instructions. Should you not receive any information by the end of September, please do let me know.
Weekly Departmental Zoom meetings
We are currently holding Head of Department weekly zoom meetings that all staff and students are invited to, at 9.30am on Thursday mornings (30 minutes). We would strongly advise all students to attend as often as they can. Zoom details will be sent by email.
- Departmental course handbook (will be emailed to you)
- Research Passport Application Process for Postgraduate Students